holiday party. yes'm

WARNING: This post is going to be especially long. I was considering splitting it up into sections, but I usually never finish the sections. So I am just going to do it all in one.

This past Saturday, Carrie had her Christmas party.
We had been planning it for over a month. Yes, it was possibly unnecessary to put so much energy into it, but I think in the end it was worth it. It was the best Christmas party I have ever been to. But I could be biased.

It was a 'Nightmare Before Christmas' themed party. She had bought all the discounted Halloween items at the grocery store and basically bombed the living/dining area with 'Halloweentown" items. We also paper mached a big ol mountain thangamajig.

The kitchen was the 'Christmastown' area. That was my area. I cut out about a million snowflakes and stuck them on the ceiling. Then stormed the place with christmas lights, presents, glitter, and all other kinds of christmasy decorations. The house looked so so good.

And we were done with decorating by 6. Carrie had told people to come over at 6 on the facebook invite, but because I don't pay attention to details, I kept telling everyone to get over to the party at 8. So needless to say people started trickling in around 8:30ish.
My roommate Jesse came over around 7ish. We had figured out his costume earlier in the day. It was awesome. He was cousin Eddie from the Christmas Vacation movie. It was awesome. SO AWESOME. He won the best costume prize. Anyway, so we were all just hanging out, being bored before people came over, so Jesse and Matt went and broke in the beer pong table in the garage. And came back a half hour totally drunk. It was pretty funny.

Around 8/8:30ish people started coming in. Then all of a sudden, the whole house was filled with people. There were so many people there. I had spent the majority of the night in the garage.
And let me tell you, it got intense in there.
I think I had played a total of 2 games. The first with Brenda...we did decently well. The second with Bryon....I think we were a little bit too cocky and lost miserably.
Jake, on the other hand, was a fricken beer pong beast. Jesse and him were a team and won 10 games in a row, TEN! Which ultimately was a pretty poor decision. I don't know if I could win 3 games in a row. I would not be feeling well at all.

I had no idea that was so such a trash talker though. I really am not that competitive at all, but I do really really like giving people crap about things. I'm sorry if it got out of control, but I can control my mouth sometimes.

OH! One major detail I am totally missing. The fricken fog machine.
My friend Ryan owns this fog machine (I have no idea why), and he let us borrow it for the party. It worked like a charm. In roughly one minute it can fill an entire house with fog. And people totally took advantage of that. Micah took a particular liking to the fog machine. I think a few times throughout the night he filled the place up with so much fog you couldn't see 2 feet in front of you.

People started leaving around 2;30 a.m. I was dog-tired. But it was worth it. such a good party.
Funny stories of note that I didn't mention:
  1. Brenda and Jesse had the same turtleneck on. It was a woman's...and Jesse's was altered to be a dickie.....but It was still pretty hilarious.
  2. Jeremy sucks at beer pong

  3. Doug showed up in a wheelchair...as his costume. It rocked.

  4. Micah and Rod have a fascination for women's heels and tried unsuccessfully to wear them.

  5. Dimitra is an excellent high heel foot pointer

  6. Ice is slippery

  7. Matt, Carrie and I dressed up like Lock, Shock and Barrel...I painted Matt's face like a clown. It was pretty funny.
  8. Preston always does the 'Preston sneak'

  9. Footraces at 2 a.m. down the middle of a deserted street is ALWAYS a good idea.
  10. Jesse's tramp stamp

  11. Bryon has an uncanny resemblance to Prof. Quirrell from the Harry Potter books

  12. Hanging out with Michelle, Jesse, Carrie and Matt before the party actually started was way way fun.
  13. Accidentally doing the 'Elaine shove' to Rod at 2 a.m. was not a very good decision.
  14. About 38 pee spots in Carrie's backyard
  15. Rod falling roughly 6 times.

I am sure I am missing a TON more, but I'll remember them later.

All in all the party was great great great.

Comments

  1. It was an awesome party :) And you guys did an EXCELLENT job with all the decorations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, I love that you comment all the time! It makes my day! LOVED that you were able to come to the party!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Year, Better Andrea

Valentine's Day....because, February

an uncomfortable clothing choice