- Seeing Joe for the first time that weekend!!! We had arrived into Nola roughly an hour before, Alli and I were all unpacked and bored. We decided to head over to the Marriott (where the team was staying) and check out the NFL shop there. We had gotten a swag bag in our hotel room and had a gift card to the store...so that was the reason for the visit (still can't get away from the boring details...sorry). As we were walking over, we ran into dad and he joined us. We had recently learned that Joe was just finishing up practice and was going to be at the hotel within the hour. Not expecting to see him, we went to the bar and ordered a few cocktails. After paying for the drinks, all this commotion was happening at the front door. It was the team arriving! We ran up to the front and were able to flag Joe down...and was immediately surrounded by a ton of 49ers fans. But it was still nice to see Joe.
- Welcome party!!! Thursday night after arriving into Nola, there was a players party that the friends and family were invited to. My uncles, aunts, and Scotty had yet to arrive, but my family, Joes's girlfriend Carrie and her family, and Joe's best buds Kyle and Craig we in town and able to go. I was not at all prepared for what was in store for us. After getting our passes, we were ushered upstairs to this great room. Before we could enter, there was a long line of party favors that included red feather boas, mardi gras masks, and something else but I forgot what it was. Once we entered the room, it was like we were transported to another building. There was a wonderful jazz band playing at the far end, men on stilts throwing beads, a go go dancer on the bar, food and drinks everywhere, and a massive dance floor. It was basically the foundations for the biggest party I had ever been to. Needless to say, our entire group thoroughly enjoyed ourselves...with the entire 49ers football team. There are pictures, but I don't know if I want anyone to see them.
- I have evil parents. We did not get home from the players party until 2am the night before, and my parents were up at 6am. Not only were they up and making a racket, they forced Alli and I to join them to Cafe Du Monde saying it was the only time they would go this trip (which turned out to be a lie). Miserably walking down to that wonderful little bakery, we stumble upon the news desks for ESPN, Mike &Mike show, and the Today Show.anyone that remotely knows my family, knows that we have little to no shame when it comes to making others laugh. Saying that, my dad managed to pull off the most awkward video bomb behind Drew Brees. If anyone was watching random ESPN coverage at 6:30am on Friday morning MIGHT have seen him. Consider yourself lucky. Afterwards we finished the quick walk to Cafe Du Monde and completely overindulged on beignets. (Side-note, my parents are actually wonderful, they should just know better than to wake us up before 9am)
- Bourbon Street. In all honestly, I don't remember much from this night. There is video evidence of some dancing on stage, and I do remember throwing beads from the balconies. I do know that I spent all my money that night, got a cool flashing ring, danced my booty off, and had an amazingly great time. However, I am quite certain I wouldn't be able to survive another trip down that street. So much everything.
- Practice walk thru at the Super Dome. It was so nice to get to see Joe one last time before the game, but I'm sure that everyone in our group was starting to feel the effects of the weekend. They had about a 20 minute practice where every single one of those players were showing off for their families. After that, we were able to go down on the field and hang out with everyone for roughly a half hour. Oh! I forgot, we also got a police escort to the stadium! It was so weird, but so cool!
- Game day!!! We had a wonderful brunch provided by the York family at the Marriott, then made our way to the stadium. By this point, we all were feeling the pressure of the game. We tailgates for a while, then made our way in. You guys probably all saw the game...so I won't go into detail about it. Beyonce was cool, the blackout was super freaky, and in the 4th quarter I barfed from nerves. Then cried like a baby at the end.
- After party!!! After the game, we went to the Marriott to meet up with Joe and figure out what to do. We were informed that there was a party for the players if they wanted to go, just down the road. Not thinking it was going to be anything more than some food and drinks, we were all pretty low when we arrived...not because of the party, because of the game. After getting some food, mom, Alli and I went searching for seats. We ambled upstairs to find leather couches with tables with bottle service. Naturally we freaked out and went to get everyone else. Our group of 10ish got settled in. By that time, most of the players and their families had heard about our secret spot and a little party was forming. Out of nowhere, we hear this announcer exclaim that The Roots were taking the stage!! Wale followed suit, then Snoop Dog!! It was so fun! There was maybe 500 people tops at this party. We saw Guy from diners, drive-ins, and dives, and I got to talk to the guitar player of The Roots for a bit! It was crazy!!!
like a girl
2 days ago