New Year, Better Andrea

My name is Andrea and I am a struggling 32 (nearly 33) year old woman. I am not married, have no children, no pets, and no real responsibilities. Yet, I cannot for the life of me, get my act together. I have a decent job that barely covers my bills. I have an apartment downtown that I love, but struggle to keep clean. I eat whatever I want whenever I want, even though my body is begging me to stop. I never exercise.  I drink alcohol nearly every weekend, to excess. I am a statistic. I am like every other wandering millennial. 

I want to do better, I want to be a better and more healthy version of myself. I'm not publishing this stuff. I'm not expecting anyone to ever read this actually. I just want to write it down and declare it to myself. ANDREA... BE BETTER.

I want to give myself little goals. Not goals for the future, but goals for right now. So that I can see in a week, a month, or a year from now that I was able to be better.

My goals for this week:
  1. Actually buy a scale. I signed up for weight watchers 2 months ago and did a decent job at tracking, but I had no idea the progress I was making, if any. I am not one to enjoy the prospect of weighing myself, but I need to visualize the progress.
  2. Track, track, track. I am SO BAD at tracking but I know how vital it is for my success. If I can track everyday, everything, even if I go over and I'm ashamed, I just need to do it. Small steps, one week at a time. 
  3. Clean my kitchen, then my bathroom, then my closet, then my floors. Not all at once, but sometime this week, clean these areas. It seems like a small task, but I am someone that really just wants to sit and chill when I get home from work. I need to make my home a sanctuary and not a den of filth. 
I think if I can complete three small weekly goals to start out I will see success. It's hard to visualize what 'be better' will be. I want to be healthier, wealthier, and calm. I want to be able to DO things and LIVE, not just wander aimlessly. We will see what happens. 

Comments

  1. I would love to be 33 or 34 again (I'm so ancient that all my palaeontologists have retired or passed away). I have never had children, had never heard of 'tracking', and rarely sweep or vacuum - but I admire you for giving yourself goals! They sound like good ones.
    Wishing you health wealth and happiness.
    I've been settling for microwaved frozen vegan dinners
    while watching+re-watching things on NetFlix. :D

    my blog
    my YouTube
    my Twitter

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day....because, February

an uncomfortable clothing choice