Valentine's Day....because, February

I have really uninteresting opinions about this specific holiday. I like it and hate it all at once. It's very confusing.

Valentine's Day pros:

  1. Chocolate everything. I'm not a huge chocolate person, but if you want to feed me chocolate covered raisins/peanut butter/strawberries/bread, I probably will put it in my mouth.
  2. It's on a Wednesday this year. Hump day. Beautiful.
  3. I get to buy cheesy valentines for my friends and family. It's not like I can find WWE related stationary at Walgreens all year round. I have to take advantage while I can. 
  4. Gives you a reason to get a skanky hotel room with a hot tub in it. Never did that, but it sounds awesome. 
  5. I like making a big deal about dumb stuff...especially if it gives me a reason to drink prosecco with frozen berries in it. 
Valentine's Day cons:
  1. For some reason, I am convinced I will receive an enormous edible arrangement. This has yet to happen. I'm not sure I even want it to, but there you go.
  2. Break-ups before Valentine's. 
  3. It's on a Wednesday. It's in the middle of my work week. Ugh.
  4. I don't get to snuggle my dog this year and tell him all the good things about him.
  5. People that say 'I think it's better to make (significant other) feel special throughout the year, not just on Valentine's Day'. Well duh....but shut up while I make a big about it. :)
  6. Getting worked up over a holiday that is super lame (I realize I contradict myself, but it's my blog so it doesn't matter)
That's all I've got for today. Now I'm going to go home and watch the Olympics and drink box wine. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year, Better Andrea

an uncomfortable clothing choice