moving day

I moved into my new apartment (pictures will be up soon, I just need to take them) last Wednesday. And had no furniture. So on Thursday Jeremy, Lish, Jake, Preston, Matt, Carrie and I moved some of Carrie's old furniture into my place.

As a thank you, I promised Jeremy I would write a post in his honor. He also helped to co-author this post.

The following story may or may not be entirely factual....but you get the picture.

It all started on Thursday morning. Carrie offered her furniture to me, and I gladly accepted. Then we ran into a snag.

In Wyoming it appears that every other person owns a truck. Well we only know people who don’t own them. (Co-Authors note- To be a true Wyomingite you must have a truck with 4-wheel drive capabilities, at least one dent, and the capability of carrying at least five separate dead animals after a hunting trip) Bad thing when you need to transport huge love seats and entertainment centers. Lets face it, even in Wyoming my 2003 Toyota Corolla with a floral love seat tied on top would be a weird sight.



But then we remembered that Jeremy owns a truck. So Carrie contacted him and asked to use it that night. He said yes...thankfully.
His wonderful 2004 Toyota truck with over 150,000 miles on it that bears a candid resemblance to the batmobile. Granted not the batmobile of new, but still reminiscent of the old school batmobile from the TV series, pulls up in front of Carrie's house. Jake, Preston and Jeremy were able to fit the majority of the items in the first trip over to my place.

Now, you must understand. I have moved many times in my life, but I am not an owner of furniture. I did not realize that when someone is following you with a truck full of furniture unsecured in the dark, you cannot drive the speed limit. They said I was speeding, but I was just going the speed limit. I PROMISE. Anyway, Jeremy and the boys were following my car, they have never been to my new place and didn't know where I was going. I stupidly was not exactly aware of what I was doing. I ended up speeding through town as they tried to keep up running red lights and almost dumping the top of a brown chair into main street on a busy night. Not the best situation ever. Co-Author: also unbeknownst to Staley, the curse words flew freely as we careened around the corner praying that the chair and coffee table stayed put and that hoped that we wouldn’t be arrested for an unsecured load of the equivalent of “junk”- a treasure to anyone who actually appreciated the plethora of furniture we were about to strategically place in Staley’s new apartment.

We finally get there all in one piece and the boys start unloading. Co-Author Note- after expertly jumping the curve and parking the truck on the sidewalk by the “no parking sign” we were able to minimize the distance we had to pack the awkward load we needed to carry. They (imagine He-man, superman, and the Hulk strutting to the back of the truck to man handle the furniture) successfully got the lazy-boy in the living room and went out to get the love seat.

Coming up the front steps, Preston(he-man junior) misjudged the final step and massively falls, possibly a result of the mud they managed to track through the entire house. Causing the love seat to jut up and smack Jake, squarely in the face. All of this happened within a 2 second period. Luckily, no blood flowed and they were able to continue to successfully maneuver the “grandma colored love seat” into place.



Eventually, after a second trip, all the furniture was safely put in the living room. Without any other minor or major injuries. And let me tell you, there is a lot of furniture. I have a red couch, floral love seat- with a broken leg that bucks you off every third time you sit on it (Jake fixed this last night....and it works perfectly now. THANK YOU!), a brown chair, an entertainment center converted to a plant stand, and a purple coffee table for the TV that uses stolen cable- along with my first super short miniature air mattress that would seem more at home in an upper class homeless man's place than my room. (I now have a bed, thank you Ryan)

I guess when I was gone dropping my little sister off, the guys had tried to stick a 36 inch TV into a 30 inch hole- then promptly placed it on top of the entertainment center- a result that very easily could have resulted in a trap for any unassuming guests entering the house. Granted, The trap possibly could have deterred any cat-burglars, but also may have fallen squarely on the head of my unassuming roommate the first time he entered the house.

After finishing up, they all needed to get their strength up after the move. Similar to Popeye's spinach, these tough moving boys each had to stock up on ol' johnny walker black label- to reinvigorate themselves after packing the furniture no less than ten feet from the back of the truck to my house. Co-Author: man I have way to much stuff I could say- I threw Preston's coat on the floor at your place assuming, in his fashion style, that the piece of rags were remnants of cleaning rags rather than his only functional coat. As a final word to this wonderful account of a successful move by three superheroes, Carrie allowed her wiener (dog) to rest nicely on Jessie’s pillow. All in all it was a successful move into a living room now tastefully decorated in Wyoming style. Red Couch check, Floral Love seat-check, brown reclining chair (with a few issues)- Check, entertainment center that is completely useless except to put my six in plant in- check, purple coffee table with huge TV on it- check. A good night of moving with great company into a new place where I am sure good memories will continue. . . PRICELESS.

Co-Author Bio: Jeremy Kisling, Beer drinker extraordinaire, poor-mediocre fantasy football player, married to Alicia Kisling (rocking attorney), and owner of Rigs and Ruby

Comments

  1. No blood flowed, but it did thoroughly rattle the right side of my head. Oof.

    How does Jeremy get the beer drinker extraordinaire moniker? I'm put myself or PT up against him any day. Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeremy said:
    you don't have to be the "best" to be an extraordinaire!!! And our co-authored blog didn't get any pictures- - - I got ripped off.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Year, Better Andrea

Valentine's Day....because, February

an uncomfortable clothing choice