SHYY-yyye- Annnne

Wyoming is a huge state. When you look at it on a map, it doesn't really look too big. Don't be confused by this...Wyoming is big. I had the great pleasure of driving 5.5 hours down to Cheyenne yesterday. It was for training so I guess it was worth it, but the trip was sooooooo long. I was unprepared for the car ride. I didn't have any fun car games, left all my good tunes at home, and I didn't bring any snacks. One cool thing that I saw on the way down to Cheyenne was not 1 but 2 BALD EAGLES....like the ones on 12 mile, to all my Rockfordites out there (holla at'cho guuurl). I was not expecting to see them so I don't have any pics to prove that I saw them.

Anyway, when I got into Cheyenne, the first thing that we had to do was go to a fundraiser at the 'Old Country Buffett' restaurant. I dont believe that I have been into one of those for the better part of 10 years. The cool thing about it was that we were able to raise over $120 dollars and our raffle thingy went well.....also I don't think I screwed up too badly. But that could be all in my head. I bet my boss is wondering how she can fire me after doing that fundraiser....nah I'm just joking about that, my boss loves me already :)


Our booth at the fundraiser....I'd say it looks pretty classy

One of our 'celebrity' readers. When I heard we were having celebrities come and read at this thing, I'll have you know I was expecting someone along the lines of Brooks, or Dunn, or even Reba....I mean seriously, couldn't we have called in any of them? I bet they'd love to help the children.

Anyway, shifting gears a bit. This is a picture of the hotel I stayed at in Cheyenne. The lobby and everything downstairs was beautiful and very very classy. Once you get to where the rooms are, it honestly looks like the hotel right out of the Shining. I thought I was either going to be murdered, possessed, or abducted at this hotel. To say the least, I didn't reallt get much sleep last night....good thing 'Gone With the Wind' was on TCM last night or I would have been stuck watching some mtv crap (I was kinda pissed that Jersey Shore wasn't on)

AND just because there would never be a store that would look like this in Michigan, I wanted all of you back home to enjoy 'The Wrangler'. They've been outfitting cowboys and cowgirls across this grand 'ol state since 1852......

Just kidding about that, I'm not even sure what the wrangler sells.

Well, I'm glad to be back. Got big plans this Friday to go bowling with a local 'young professionals' group aged 21-40. I'll def. be taking pictures, don't worry.
PEACE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year, Better Andrea

Valentine's Day....because, February

an uncomfortable clothing choice