The end of my snowmobiling career

So this past weekend I went snowmobiling. It was great fun.
Now, I really did enjoy myself, BUT it wasn't like the BEST TIME EVER
I have terrible balance. I blame it on my height. I am 5'9'' (well most likely I am 5'10'' but 5'9'' sounds better). Being so far off the ground gives me a bit of a disadvantage when it come to depth perception. At least that's what I think. Anyway, I have little to no balance, who knew you needed to balance on a snowmobile? Not me. You do, a surprising amount.
So I went snowmobiling with friends Janelle, Ryan and Jamie. Janelle and Ryan have snowmobiles and have actually done this before. Jamie and I have not. Ever. Never ever. I stupidly thought I would just be riding along on someone's snowmobile enjoying the scenery...yadda yadda yadda. Not the case. We go up "Red Grade" to Bear lodge. It's a snowmobile trail that is approx. 40-50 miles long. A trip for the "experienced" rider. As it turned out, me and Jamie were paired up on the same sled. The two people who had absolutly no experience. I still don't understand how that worked out.
So me and Jamie are tooling along going a nice 30mph. Doing nothing flashy. Then Janelle and Ryan come over and tell us that we need to pick up the pace.....crap. So we do, and we feel like we are going to die any second. Half way through the trip Jamie and I switch places on the sled. So now I am driving. I feel like we both had some really crappy things we had to do on this trail. Jamie had to deal with the tight corners and narrow passageways, while I had to deal with massive hills and trails I could barely see. I think I am going to retire from snowmobiling.
It was a mighty fun time, but I don't think I was bitten by the "bug"...sorry to say.
It was nice finally making it up to Bear Lodge....lots and lots of gentlemen were in attendance. mmm
Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Comments

  1. I've always wanted to ride a snowmobile. I've got to tell you, I don't how tall you are is the problem. Otherwise, what's mine? I'm 5 inches shorter and I have no balance what so ever.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Year, Better Andrea

Valentine's Day....because, February

an uncomfortable clothing choice