The teacher and I

I don't think I've ever told you this, but I have some special powers.
Some call it a sixth sense.
Some call it psychic abilities
Some even call it a gift from God.
I just call it a nuisance.

I only have these special powers with two particular people. mom and alli. But mainly mom.


If you have ever had the pleasure of meeting my mother, you know that she is a very charming, quirky, charasmatic, fun-loving, stingy financially but generous emotionally person. She does have one secret though. She is plagued with a very rare disorder that only affects one out of 2,300,000 people. Its called "Direct Object Deficiency" or DOD in our household. You may have never heard of this rare disorder, so I will do a quick overview. It pretty much means that my mother can never actually tell you what she wants bc she can never spit it out. She just stares at you, or points at things and just assumes that everyone knows that she want you to go to the grocery store and get her some eggs and milk. It's very confusing.

Being raised by such a mother is the main reason I am psychic. I can actually read my mother's mind. I have gotten so good at mind reading that I can actually read her mind over the phone. I know you are all jealous, but it took many years of practice for this to happen.

My mother has had a lifelong struggle with DOD, but happily she has been able to lead a very normal and productive life out in the "real world". Only when she comes home do the extreme side-effects take over. I honestly remember having entire conversations with my mother when I have been the only one talking. These mostly happen in the kitchen when she is cooking dinner.

I love my mother very dearly and am very grateful for her teaching me the psychic ways.
Have a good weekend everyone!
Sister Elise signing out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year, Better Andrea

Valentine's Day....because, February

an uncomfortable clothing choice