I will dominate this

Ok. If you know my family at all, and you know how I fit into my family, you know that I def. do NOT have the most athletic ability. I believe I may be the low (wo)man on the 'athletic' totum pole. I'm not too upset by that, I don't necessarily have the necessary competitive bone needed. I mostly just participate in sports for two reasons. 1. My mom forces me to. Well at least in highschool she did....what a cruel woman. ha. 2. I only choose sports that are fun. So that pretty much eliminates running, sprinting, rock climbing, curling, gymnastics, snowboarding, skiing, and anything that requires one ounce of balance. I love tennis, swimming, anything on the water, biking, and anything that doesn't require one ounce of balance. Thus bringing me to my point. I tried a new sport last night. It is racquetball and it is awesome. Because I am self-deluded, I always think I am going to be perfect at any sport I try. I initially thought I was going to kick some major racqut ass and look like this.
Total king at this sport. Take no prisoners. They were going to call me the next rising star of racquetball. I didn't tell my fellow racqueters this bc I didn't want them to get intimidated. I was all self-depricating and making it sound like I was going to suck. But in my head I looked like this.
Look at that dedication in her eyes! She is he-woman racquet killer!
Another fine example of racquet skill.
But to my dismay, and probably to no surprise to my fellow racqueters....I sucked. I was terrible. I maybe hit the ball 2 times in a row before i managed to screw it up. It is similar to tennis, but not that similar. I didn't pick it up as easily as I hoped I would. I mostly just ended up looking like this toward teh end bc I wanted to badly to be good.

The worse thing was, was that there were people watching us...like we were a spectical. Like we actually knew what we were doing. A bit embarrassing, but like I have said eariler, I do not have a shameful bone in my body, so it didn't really bother me. Thankfully, otherwise I might have stopped...I was so bad.
One more thing, anyone that says racquetball isn't a good work-out has obviously never tried it. I played terrible for an hour straight and my body absolutely kills today.
Watch out...in about a week, I will be the new racquetball queen....along with Alicia and Carrie, my fellow racqueters.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year, Better Andrea

Valentine's Day....because, February

an uncomfortable clothing choice