My St. Patty's Day Tomorrow

My entire life (or since I was 13) I have always wanted to be irish on St. Patty's Day. I am not irish...I am english/dutch/german/mix of junk...but none of that junk is irish. It sucks.

Irish people get to have a whole day dedicated to themselves and their heritage. Their heritage of drinking. Heavily.

There is a tulip festival in Holland, MI that celebrates dutch people. And their love of dancing in wooden clogs. It's a family event. No drinking is involved. You get to look at thousands of tulips though.

I have no idea what english people have. Shakespeare? Harry Potter? The King James Version Bible?

I also wish I was italian. I love their food. And their clothes...from afar. I can't afford their fashions.

I look italian, that counts right? My dad looks like he could be apart of the italian mafia. No lie.

So back to St. Patty's Day this year. I will have to just settle for being one of those cheesy non-irish folks that wear the "I'm not Irish, but you can kiss me anyway" shirts, drink green beer with my other non-irish friends, and pretend to love leprechans and irish jigs.

Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year, Better Andrea

Valentine's Day....because, February

an uncomfortable clothing choice