For having barely any plans this weekend, I did quite a lot: Dinner at the Haseman's Friday night FIGHT NIGHT Fight Night was the best thing I have done in at LEAST.......5 days. I think I will write a whole post about it. Eventually. Knitting circle on Saturday with Brenda, Kim, and Dimitra. Making this a weekly event. Mostly because I realize that I can only really do one sort of knit...and there is a lot more that I could learn. And I like to knit....and drink coffee....and eat brownies.....and kick it with my homegurlz. Watched some football and had MEAT NIGHT at the Hasemans. I hadn't had a steak in forever. It was pretty great. Sackett's market really DOES have good meat. Karaoke an Saturday night. Homahgawd how I love karaoke. We totally brought the party to that place. Worked Sunday morning. It was ok. FOOTBALL in the afternoon. Went to the Hasemans (again) and watched Get Him to the Greek and ate the best dinner EVER! I didn't actually realize how much time I s...
My mom is a librarian. Did I ever tell you that? When I was little, I wanted to be one too. After school, my siblings and I would walk to the local library and wait for my mom to get done with work. My brother loved it because he could play the Arthur video games. I loved it because I could read every single American Girl magazine without getting a subscription. Alli loved it because she could play with all the hand puppets. Now my mom works at an Elementary school as a librarian. I used to come and help her a bunch when I still lived in Michigan. A few friends have even come and helped mom in the library. One time my friend Abby came with us. It is really hard to concentrate on one task while working there. I don't think we were actually helpful. ever. For example, I'm sure Abby and I had a specific task that we needed to accomplish, but instead we ended up asking the janitor if we could use his space-pack vacuum for the afternoon. So today I went and helped my mom at school f...
I seriously love co-authoring. I do. It rocks. Today, I’m rocking this post with Carrie (bio below). We talk most everyday. About whatever. Recently we have been talking about being poor. I am currently incredibly poor. And have been for the past year. I also grew up slightly poor. We weren’t living in a cardboard box or anything, but we were poor enough that we thought garage saleing in the summer was back to school shopping. Co-author: I grew up in a cardboard box. Or something very similar. Double-wide trailer, ie two single wide trailers of different lengths pieced together by my father, which had no insulation and only one fire place to heat the entire place. Garage saleing to us was top-of-the-line. We were more accustomed to the land-fill version of school shopping. I like to think of my childhood and family as "resourceful" as opposed to "poor". So this post is really going to be in honor of my awesome parents (mainly my mother)(and Carries entire family who...
Comments
Post a Comment