what my last two days looked like

ok i have got two stories for you today. buckle up.
story 1: baseball punch
like i told you all a couple posts ago, i have joined a co-rec softball team. i play right outfielder. rarely balls ever come in my vicinity. so mostly i just stand there and sweat (it was like 100 degrees at our last game).
this past game had one left handed batter. that means that if he is lucky enough or strong enough to really slug the ball, it's going to be coming right at me. this man was both lucky and strong. which meant that i was very unlucky. the first time he was up to bat he hit the ball super far, but luckily it wasnt very close to me, so my teammate got it. close call.
the second time he was up was a different story. he hit the ball DIRECTLY at me. it was a nice arcing ball that should have landed in my glove. but because i am not athletically inclined, i had no idea what the 'proper' way to catch the ball was. instead of lifting up my glove, i cradled it. thus making the ball hit me. in my boob. i was nailed in the boob by a fast-paced ball. i have a huge bruise there now too. my first baseball injury. it totally fits my life that it would be on my boob. awkwardness is really my middle name.

story 2: because i am a preteen
I went to the midnight showing of eclipse.
because i am a preteen girl.
at heart
this is slightly embarrassing.
but it was really good.
and i got to see some awesome previews for some really good upcoming movies.
but now i am really tired. and i have a softball game today.
and a barbecue following it.
and i have to do my laundry.
like i said i am a preteen at heart.
i have no common sense sometimes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year, Better Andrea

Valentine's Day....because, February

an uncomfortable clothing choice