pause

I will write about my Saturday at the rodeo tomorrow. I thought I would take a pause and share a letter I just wrote to Ree Drummond (the pioneer woman).
You can laugh at me. Many do. haha

Dear Ree,
I am just writing you a small letter to let you know how much happiness you have brought me in my life, and the lives of so many others. I am a late-comer to your website, but I discovered it in a very interesting way.
I have been close to my friend Abby since birth. We were in nursery together at church. Our mothers like to tell us stories about how they had to pick us up together; otherwise we would go into fits of rage when we were separated. This little fact has always been cute to us, and has basically not changed in our entire relationship. We went to camp together in middle school, passed notes to each other in high school. Shared stories, gossip, and makeup up until our adult lives. I went away to a small Christian college about 2 hours from home, but I never missed a week without talking to Abby. When I moved home (Grand Rapids, MI) after college, Abby and I resumed our friendship as usual.

Me and Abby at our high school graduation

There were small changes though. Abby had gotten married to her wonderful husband Dan the winter I graduated. Abby has always been a mini-Martha Stewart, and was really enjoying her new position in life. Crafts, cooking, decorating, she belongs in a Better Homes and Gardens magazine. Abby is also a blog freak…in the nicest sense. She knows about all sorts of awesome blogs. Cooking blogs, fashion blogs, gossip blogs; basically everything. I, on the other hand, am not anything like Abby. I barely know how to boil water, I thrive on my “organized chaos”, and I might possibly kill myself if I ever use a sewing machine (seriously, a fast moving needle would not be my friend). I also have a pretty nomadic spirit, and have a hard time settling. On a whim, I signed up for AmeriCorps and was placed in Sheridan, WY. Naturally Abby freaked out. I had only been home from college for a few months and I was leaving her yet again to go on another “Andrea adventure”.

We went out to one of our favorite lunch cafes to have a goodbye lunch. Because Abby is an extremely thoughtful person, she mentioned your amazing website. I distinctly remember her telling me about a city-slicker woman, moving to a ranch and making her life there. I felt an immediate connection. So naturally after lunch, I raced home and found your website, then immediately fell in love.
Please take this the best way possible. Abby and I love you. We have long distance bonded over your website, and will forever be grateful for it. Right after I moved to Sheridan, I had my birthday. This could have possibly been the worst birthday of my life, but Abby sent me a surprise copy of your cookbook for it. It was one of the best gifts ever.
A few things we deemed necessary to tell you are the following:

· Together, Abby and I could start our own comedy group. Mainly it would be like the blue collar comedy tour, but female version, minus the mullets.
· We are very entertaining. In a stupid/funny/immature way.
· Good hair, great style, and I am sure we would look fabulous in chaps. Tight ones, with lots of fringe.

· And a bonus for you. If we were ever invited out to your ranch, we would watch your adorable children and exercise your many horses for free. After a background check and drug test, naturally. And maybe a horse riding lesson.

So thank you so much for your wonderful gift that you are sharing with the world. It has given Abby and I a common bond while we are apart. She still hasn’t forgiven me for leaving her (haha). And secretly (well not so much now), your website is a guilty pleasure of mine, and has inspired my own blog (sheridantrails.blogspot.com).
Thanks again! Your friends from afar,
Andrea and Abby.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Year, Better Andrea

Valentine's Day....because, February

an uncomfortable clothing choice