interesting stuff

i follow a few blogs pretty regularly, and i get upset when they dont update as often as i would like them to.
then i realized that i am one of the most inconsistent bloggers ever.
unless you consider my inconsistency consistent.
then i wont let you down.
i basically dont do a new entry until i consider something in my life interesting.
and for the last few days, nothing particularly interesting happened.
which actually is a lie.
since my last entry, the following things have happened.
  • got invited/went to a wedding of a couple i barely knew. it was awesome and fun and was a great way to start off my weekend.
  • went to a wedding reception of a friend of mine. it was nice/fun.
  • went to the big west arts festival on sunday. was possibly the best sunday i have spent in sheridan. then went to a 'after party' afterwards. i knew approx 2.5 people there. i just LOVE getting myself into awkward situations. it was a good time, but i felt like i did in middle school, insecure and ridiculous for no reason at all.
  • played my last tournament game on team quic sac orange crush. we lost. but i love my team.
  • went to olivers with some friends last night. i love just hanging out with friends. i always hated that term 'social butterfly', but i have to admit, i am one.

so i guess interesting things have happened in the last few days. im just lazy.

i think the funniest thing on that list was the after-party i went to on sunday night. i know i shouldnt have gone because it was sunday and i had to work the next day, but i hadnt had dinner and my friend kim was going, so i thought 'hey! free dinner and fun company! this will be awesome!' since moving to wyoming, by myself, and being the social person that i am, i have developed a new habit. i say yes to just about everything. you may think i am joking, but im not. i rarely say no. this new habit of mine gets me into some very interesting situations.

so i go to this house WAY out in the country, by myself. i have no idea who these people are that live there. i just show up and thankfully my friend kim is already there. i find an available seat and make myself comfortable. within the next 20 mins, every single hippy in wyoming shows up. i am not lying. alli, you would have LOVED this party. and every single person at this party brought a musical intrument. and voiala, a jam session starts. i am just sitting in my chair, drinking my slushie, praying that the hippies wont ask me to leave. see, i have no musical ability. i cant sing, play an intrument, or hippy dance. i am essentially a vanilla wafer. i can booty dance, crack a few funny jokes, and play a mean game of yatzee, but i have not been gifted with much else. the hippies will find out my secret and kindly ask me to leave. i am not nearly cool enough to be there. when i get uncomfortable, i do one of two things....ok, one of three things.

  1. find the most uncool person at the party and make best friends with them. there is power in numbers
  2. shut up and try to become invisible
  3. make extremely awkward inappropriate jokes. i get this from my father. somehow i think this will make me cool. it usually just makes people leave me.

i did all three of these at this party. but luckily, no one asked me to leave. but i dont think they will invite me to anymore parties. its ok.

sincerely,

awkward andrea

Comments

  1. I had NO IDEA you played Yahtzee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are SO invited to any hippie party we have! No need to be insecure, honey. You fit right in! Glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Year, Better Andrea

Valentine's Day....because, February

an uncomfortable clothing choice