our bunch

So my family is going on a trip in ocotber to a foreign country.
england.
we love traveling, but my family had some bizarre quirks that will be completely highlighted by this trip. let me start with my father.

my funny, brilliant father is essentially Larry David for the working man. he has a strange ability so get himself into extremely annoying situations that would pester most people. i predict for our trip to london, the following will happen to him.
1. he will be seated next to a baby on the trip 2. he will have his luggage lost 3. he will get food poisoning 4. he will somehow get locked out of the hotel 5. he will be mugged.
any of the above items alone would be terrible, but my father will most likely experience all 5. not saying that wouldnt suck, because it would, but it would also be quite hilarious. my dad's unluckiness while travelling adds to his charm.

now my mother has to be a very special woman to be able to handle all the unlucky situations my father gets himself in. my mom is basically mrs. griswold while travelling. she either has saint-like paitence, or she blows up. it is never a mixture of the two. she has perfected the craft of remaining silent during stressful situations and just when you think the storm has past, mom will finally speak her mind about it. she wants to do the amazing race some day, she is just having a hard time weazling my father into doing it with her.

I have characterized myself as the surly sister in ferris beuller's day off. basically bc my task wehn travelling is keeping an eye on my wandering sister alli. this makes be become a slight bitch because alli, while being a young adult, is the youngest in a family that basically enabled her her entire life. we are not proud of this fact. so, wehn travelling, i am not much of a gem.

alli is basically the kid from home alone. she doesnt pay attention to her surroundings very well, and has the tendency to wander off. i am rigging a human leash for her for this trip. it will be a necessity.

joe isnt really going to be a movie character this trip, but his media character. he is JOE STALEY the 49er FOOtbaLL star! he isnt going to be on the same plane with us, and has to travel with his team over there. hes a superstar sometimes, but i am so excited because this is actually going to be somewhat of a family vacation. these are hard to come by now.


so this is my family. we are a messy bunch.









Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Year, Better Andrea

Valentine's Day....because, February

an uncomfortable clothing choice