most patched up post i have ever done...ever

It's football season right now. So I am watching football.
Well, mostly watching the Colts school the Giants.
So, I'm pretty bored.
So, I started looking at the pictures I have on my computer.
And started laughing a ton.

I also thought it was time for some human pictures on this blog as well.

Here are a few pictures that are pretty funny/interesting/may not really be that funny or interesting.

This is quite possibly the worst picture of me taken... ever. I don't know where the whole picture is, but I know that I was in the background. Not really the main subject of the picture. Which makes it even funnier. I don't remember this ever being taken. It was during the first few weeks of freshman year. I to school all on my own and basically didn't know anyone. At this school, they did this thing called "Arbor Games"...it takes forever to explain arbor games, but one component of it, is to preform a skit. My team did something with Lord of the Rings. I wore a blue shirt because I was representing water. Nothing says water like a "Canada, EH!" shirt. I look back now, and I love this picture. But I think I was nearly depressed at this point in my life. I look miserable.

Flash forward about a month, and this is Elin and I in her room. For a Halloween prank, we decided to place her blow-up cat/pumpkin yard decoration in the stairwell of our dorm. It only lasted for about a milli-second because it was deemed a fire hazard. (Side note. Every time I write Halloween I ALWAYS sing the song I learned in kindergarten when I was learning how to spell. H...A...double L, O....W, double E, N....spells Halloween.) Anyway, this is when I FINALLY started making friends. Elin, Marjie and Melissa were a riot.

This is the fireplace at my childhood home/parent's house. It's in our family room. My parent's house is in the "sticks" of Rockford...which isn't really in the sticks at all. We used to have a HUGE mouse problem before my mom finally allowed my little sister to get some barn cats. (Alli and mom are both extremely allergic to cats and other things). So before we got said cats, tons of mice would scurry around the family room. There were rafters on the ceiling and the mice used to run along them....all. the. time. When I was younger and have sleepovers, my friends and I would be so freaked out to sleep in that room. I also somehow thought it was haunted...just that one room. I don't think it was. Also, we had a minor bat problem for a couple years because of that fricken fireplace. I have a slightly irrational fear of bats/birds.

AND this last picture makes me sad. My dad just tore down our pool this summer. This what my old backyard used to look like. The best place to be in the summer. Not to much in the winter. Unless you wanted to climb that huge hill in our backyard and bushwhack sled. There was a lot of ferns/reeds/tall poky stuff in our backyard. This is the place where I thought I was poisoned by a frog. I used to find snakes under this deck. I used to make up synchronize swimming routines. I one time swam for about 10 hours straight, then got incredible sunburn. I think I even had blisters. Now it's gone. And I am sad.

Thanks for looking at this post. It was semi-lame and boring, unless you are me. Then it was good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year, Better Andrea

Valentine's Day....because, February

an uncomfortable clothing choice