my bad day

This is a post I was going to do last week, but I ran out of time. So I'm writing it today.



I am a relatively devoid of all human emotions. Well, that's inaccurate. I do feel emotions, I just don't feel them the same way as a normal person. I have been called "unfeeling", "unsympathetic", "cold", and a number of other things. I am more like a huma-bot...robo-man.

Anyway, whenever I do end up showing a feeling (other than joy or contentment), I semi freak out.

So this past Wednesday or Thursday, I was semi-freaking out. Work was stressing me out, I didn't want to hang out with any of my friends because I thought they all didn't want to hang out with me. I missed my family, I missed my dead dog. I was getting pissed because I was missing all the fall colors changing in Michigan. I was going to miss going to apple orchards and going on hayrides, and picking pumpkins.

So basically everything in my life was somehow pissing me off to an irrational degree.

Putting it succinctly, I was moody.



So, I'm just sitting in my office in a foul mood. I wanted to go home and curl up i the fetal position and watch about 12 hours of TV and numb my mind. Or sleep. I love sleep. But I couldn't do any of that because I still had a crap-ton of work to do. So I called my little sister.



My little sister is the one person in the whole world that actually really truly can read everything about me. I think it is because she never left my side for the first 13 years of her life.

So I call her and she didn't answer. Bitch.

Because I know Alli ALWAYS has her phone on her, I figured she must be in class/work/driving/ignoring my call.

So I texted her instead.

This is honest to God my exact text.

I was a freaky person last week.


When a normal person gets a test like this, I would assume they would drop whatever they were doing and try and call/contact/make sure that person is alright.

Not my sister. Well Alli DID contact me. But she wasn't reassuring, or nice, or even attentive.

Alli sent this back to me, about 10 mins later.




I was so not expecting Alli to send that. She is the emotional sap of the family. She takes after my mom/dad/brother. She was supposed to say "Oh poor baby, tell me everything and I will tell you how cool/pretty/nice/awesome you are." I was so shocked by that response that I did the only mature thing I could think of doing. I sent her an angry text back.



And I felt instantly better.

So thank you Alli for knowing that I was being freaky. And knowing that I needed to snap out of it. And thank you for not enabling me to be a freaky drama queen, because I can't play that role very well.


LOVE YOU LITTLE SISTER OF MINE

Comments

  1. hahaha good story.

    The leaves here have not yet changed colours and this fall is supposed to be cold and rainy.. not like that WONDERFUL fall we had two years ago...aw yes.

    when do you come back??? you shoudl come back and then we can hangout all the time!! and get jobs together!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea,
    GREAT story! Laughed my head off!
    Cliff

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Year, Better Andrea

Valentine's Day....because, February

an uncomfortable clothing choice