when i learned how to surf

Whenever I get bored, I look at pictures I have on my computer.
It's pretty fun.
I ran across a photo album from a family vacation I took a few years back.
It was one of my favorite vacations of all time.
Our family really truly actually enjoys hanging out with each other.
It's bizarre, I know. We are 'that' family.
We actually love each other.
So this vacation was wonderful.

One of my favorite parts was the surf lesson Alli and I took.
Part of the surf lesson was to have some man take pictures of the entire experience.
We did all the dorky touristy things.
And I am so not ashamed of that.

This is Alli and I and some other people getting basic instructions before we headed out to the ocean.

Obviously Alli and I were listening really hard.
The other couple look all professional. Alli and I look like we are about to take a nap.

So we finally get out to the ocean, on some KILLER 2 foot waves.
The next series of pictures crack me up.
Watch Alli.

Looking good. Going to surf side by side.

Oh Alli's going to pop up first.
Don't do it too fast!

Alli! your losing BALANCE!
HAHAHAHA.
GO ME!
Ok...now keep watching me.

I don't think I ever moved beyond this crouching stance.
I looked like a freak. But I didn't lose my non-existent balance.
So I'm just trucking along on my little wave...minding my own business
Then something bad happened.
There is a lot of people out in this ocean.
Surfing.
Hanging out.
And, well. I made a new friend.


I accidentally hit him. With my giant surf board.
It was pretty bad actually.
I think he was about 12. And moody.
And it didn't help that I just started laughing.
I laugh when I get uncomfortable.
Bad reaction....I know.

But he was alright.
And Alli and I learned how to surf.
It was a fun trip.
I love memories

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Year, Better Andrea

Valentine's Day....because, February

an uncomfortable clothing choice