the best friday night

So I was going to write a post yesterday, but I didn't because I was sick.
It was actually the best day to be sick.
I had no plans, it was cold and blustery outside (which I loved), and I had the house to myself.
I love my roommate, but sometimes it's nice to have a whole day all alone.
So I took full advantage of that.

Now I am partially recovered and at work.
I have this big ol fundraiser coming up and I am a bit behind in work.
I was going to come in yesterday, but didn't.
I don't really want to write about this so I will stop.

What I DO want to write about is this AWESOME fight I witnessed at the bar on Friday night.
Let me set the scene.
I was hanging out with a group of friends by the back of the bar.
It was the place's anniversary "party" so it was pretty busy.
And every single guido that lives in Sheridan was there.
Let me give you a visual.
This is a guido.

So, you know, just visualize the biggest prick you can, that that is a guido.

The back door was next to where I was standing and a bunch of the guys rush out of it.
Because I could smell the tension, I rushed out too and asked if there was going to be a fight.
There was.
I am estimating there to have been about 15 guidos outside, yelling and puffing and hitting their chests.
Three different circles formed.
And at the exact same moment, all three circles of fighters started fighting at ONCE!
I swear someone must have yelled "GO!"
It was AWESOME.
So if you can imagine, there are all these guido rumblers and their guidette girlfriends freaking out...then there is me.
Standing WAY too close to the fighters, smiling like a kid in the candy store.
Yelling things like "WHOA!" and "YEAH!" and a number of other things.
It was the best show I have ever seen.

All my friends just stayed inside and watched from the doorway.
They were not as impressed as I was.
But whatever.
It made my Friday night.
Even though I did get slightly body-checked against the wall and now have a huge rug-burnish wound on my butt.

I love Sheridan.

Comments

  1. this is AMAZING!! :D I'm a lot jealous of your fight-watching right now! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Year, Better Andrea

Valentine's Day....because, February

an uncomfortable clothing choice