butch staley

Andrea has asked me to write something for her blog and I thank her for her gracious offer. I , like most of you, have enjoyed reading her funny takes about life in Sheridan and just about her life in general. Am not sure that I can match her wit and wisdom with what I am going to write but I will try my best so, here goes.

In the very near future our family is going on a trip to London. What is special about this trip for me is that all of us as a family will be together. Now this is a rare occurrence because all of my children live in different parts of the country so you can imagine my joy at us being together. We have taken many trips as a family and on these trips we always seem to have a great time and things go smooth for the most part.

But, there will come a time in the trip when my loving children accuse their dad of being “in the zone”, and believe me this is not a compliment. I think “ in the zone” for them means that I am determined, by any means necessary to have a good time even if it means making everybody miserable doing it. That’s what it seems like to them. Now, allow me to not only explain myself but to show you the reader how my “in the zone” behavior is not only positive for my children but also instrumental in their growth and development as the kind of people they need to be for me to be happy.

I mean don’t they see this, its all very clear to me. You’re probably asking yourself right now, “ Is he for real?” your damn right I am . And I hope that in the future all those involved in travel with me learn to get on the same page…..my page..I mean hell these people aren’t even in the same book, but , be that as it may, I’m willing to compromise my standards and beliefs in order for all involved to enjoy themselves. Far be it from me to stand in the way of somebody thinking they can have fun without my imput!

So as I contemplate the upcoming trip to London I , once again, will do my best to forgo being “in the zone” for the sake of the (supposed) happiness of others. Well, I guess that’s what dads are called to do.

Thanks Andrea for allowing me a forum here to vent and look forward to our London trip.

Comments

  1. thought the sarcasm was brilliant....andrea , your dad is soooooo funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. andrea...did you say your dad was a postal worker???!! haha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Year, Better Andrea

Valentine's Day....because, February

an uncomfortable clothing choice