coffee shops are mean

Sorry about the weird post this morning.
I'm in a funk.

Here is another funny story from the past you might enjoy.
It is about the first time I ever went into a coffee shop by myself and ordered a drink.

It was the winter and we had just adopted our dog Bubba.
He was really headstrong and needed a lot of work.
It was early in the morning and my mom had just taken him outside.
When she came back in, I guess he was doing something bad and she was going to bop him on the nose.
He was really playful and was nipping at her.
Somehow she caught her finger on his tooth and ripped it open.

My mom likes to freak out. Too much sometimes.
Granted, her finger was sliced open like a sausage.
She came upstairs to wake me up.
She says "Andrea, you need to take me to the emergency room RIGHT NOW!"
Not the best way to wake someone up.
So I shoot out of bed and we get into the car.

I must have just been 16, because I had no idea where I was going.
And completely unsure about my driving abilities.

So the whole time, my mom is being ridiculous in the car.
Acting like she is fading in and out of consciousness.
It's like her whole hand was cut off, not just a little cut on her fingertip.
So I am thinking this is a huge emergency, and am getting freaked out.
Then my mom asks me "Andrea....honey.....do you think......you can stop.....at Beaners?"
BEANERS??! The coffee shop?!?!
I thought you were dying!!

So I pull into Beaners and get my mom's extremely complicated order.
I am all flustered already and walk up to the counter.
I ask the woman, "Do you sell cappuccinos here?!"
And she laughs at me...at my face.
I would have too...but I was soo truly offended by this.

I give the lady my mom's order and book it out of there.
I think my mom wasn't happy with the coffee.
I don't think it was hot enough.

I didn't go get coffee from a coffee shop for a long time after that.
I always remember that day.

Comments

  1. haha nice.
    Hey do you follow my blog? well I was wondering if you could be a celebrity guest blogger on my blog??? like maybe tonight?? but with pictures perhaps.. cuz those are the best!! what do yu say?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes i follow it and YES i would LOVE to write in your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Year, Better Andrea

Valentine's Day....because, February

an uncomfortable clothing choice