dad post

I am doing this new thing where I have people write posts for me on Friday.
I think my blogger tomorrow is going to be.....
.....drum roll......
my dad.

To prepare all of you for his divine wisdom (or idiot savant-ish wisdom), I will give you a nice story about my father.
I realize I tend to exaggerate a lot (I get this from my mother...it makes for better story telling), but all of this information is factual. No padding.

My parent's raised us Baptist. Initially the church we attended was nice. Very family friendly.
Then it started getting huge. and not really that great.
So we left.
Eventually, my family landed in a pretty awesome church that wasn't nutso.
It's a family thing. We like to go to church.

One of our many Sunday traditions (along with big family lunch, football, and nap time), is dad's sermon-after-the-sermon.
My parent's met at Tennessee Temple, a southern baptist college.
This shocks you if you know my parents.
My dad is very philosophical.
He loves the mind. He lives in his mind. One of his favorite activities is a lively verbal joust.
So every single Sunday, without fail, my dad would rail about the sermon.
He tells us what the pastor got right (not that much), and what the sermon REALLY should have been about.

He mostly would 'rail' when we went to the baptist church.
This new church is better.
They 'get it'.
Only bad thing...it's 45 mins from my parent's house.

I used to hate these sermon-after-sermons.
Mostly because I would get car sick.
But now I love them, and miss them.
I think my dad is one of the smartest persons (peoples? humans? aliens?) that I know.
He says that I take after him.
He calls me observant.
He says I understand the human dynamic....or something like that.
I love that.

My dad drove me out here.
It took 2 days.
I got many of dad's 'sermons'.
It was a great time.

So I hope you enjoy what my dad has to say.

Comments

  1. I for one am looking forward to this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott from Florida part IIOctober 14, 2010 at 6:39 PM

    By the way Andrea, it is quite a compliment to be told by the Butcher that "you get it."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I KNOW. Butcher doesn't pass out those compliments lightly, Scott from Florida

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Year, Better Andrea

Valentine's Day....because, February

an uncomfortable clothing choice