I'm boring today

I am boring.
I like being boring.
I like being boring on Sundays.

And I was really boring today.
Whenever I have a day like I had today, I ALWAYS think about that saying "Live like today was your last day"....or whatever.
And then I feel bad.
Because I didn't do anything significant.
You will see.

So today, I woke up around 8am, but didn't have to be anywhere until 11.
And because I love sleeping more than many things in my life, I decided a hour or two more would be the best thing to do.
Well, I never set an alarm on the weekends, and I slept until 10;45....accidentally.
Joe's game started at 11.
Normally I would be fine watching Joe's game a bit late, but I had to do a play by play for my mom.
She was staying at my aunt's house and they didn't get the game there.

So I wake up too late.
But because I honestly don't seriously care about my appearance, I just run and brush my teeth, change into some clean clothes and bolt over to Jake and Brenda's house.
They get the Sunday ticket.
I can watch Joe's game at their house.
For free.

So the game wasn't that great.
We were winning 14-0 in the first half.
Then the Falcon's started scoring.
Then in the last 7 seconds of the game, the Falcons kick a field goal.
And we lose.
14-16.

I got pretty grouchy.
And left their house. (Thanks for letting me watch the game over there! Again)

So I was in a terrible mood.
And had to go grocery shopping.
I HATE grocery shopping.
I pray every single time I go that I will not see anyone that I know. Mostly because it just makes for awkward grocery store convos..then you keep bumping into that person...and have more awkward convos.
I just would rather avoid that at all costs.
And get out of the grocery store as soon as possible.

Thankfully, I didn't run into anyone that I knew.
But I did get accosted by some random woman that saw me get out of my car.
I have MI plates still.
She decided to ask me about Michigan and talk to me like we were old friends.
Which was fine. But I was not really in a chatty mood.
At all.
But I finally get out of the grocery store.
And make it home.

Because I have a whole afternoon to myself (which rarely happens, but I was SO happy for) I decided to indulge.
I took an embarrassingly long shower.
Painted them toenails.

And waxed my eyebrows.
Honestly, if anyone ever saw me wax my eyebrows, I think they would think I was possessed.
I do not know how to wax my eyebrows without making a million awkward noises.
I sound like someone is slowly and painfully pulling out my toenails.
I huff a ton too.
It takes me about 20 time of saying "ok...GO!" to actually rip off the wax.

But I'm a pro now.

Now I'm watching more football.
And writing this blog.
I am so boring.
And my leg is now asleep.

Comments

  1. I frown like that at the grocery store too. Your stories are the BEST!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Year, Better Andrea

Valentine's Day....because, February

an uncomfortable clothing choice