monday night

I know this blog is supposed to be about my adventures in Wyoming.
I think I only write about my Wyoming adventures 45% of the time.
Most other posts are about funny/weird stories from years past.
But whatever.
This is my blog.
I can make it confusing if I want to.

But today I will write about my adventures in Wyoming.
I have been pretty busy with work, so when I finally leave work, I want to relax.
My idea of relaxing is hanging out with friends.
I am alone all day in my office, so after work, I crave human interaction.

Last night, I worked late.
My friend Carrie and I had made plans to play tennis after work, but both of us didn't get off work until after dusk/dark (around 6:30.....I do not like how short the days are becoming).
So I just went over and had dinner at her house.
She had just gone on vacation and needed to buy a thank you present for her brother for watching her dogs.
(I know I am adding an unnecessary amount of detail, but I can't stop myself).
So she was getting him the Super Mario Bros. game for the wii.
This is when my night started turning downhill.

I do not play video games.
I just never have ever had any desire to play them.
At all.
I have played guitar hero....but that's not really a video game.
I have played sega before...very poorly.
Carrie (little trickster that she is) had told me that she has only played the game once.
I'm thinking that means ever, on all gaming systems.
Not the case...she meant once on the wii system.
She actually was a nintendo freak when she was younger apparently.

I blindly think I will be at the same basic skill level as her.
Oh how naive I was.
She was like master super mario player.
I was master super mario die-r
I died within 30 seconds each time I played.
I got so frustrated.
My hands were getting all sweaty. My heart rate went way up.
I had the intense desire to chuck the wii-mote at the TV.
I was a mess.

I only stayed for about 2 hours.
I then went over to Jake and Brenda's to watch the end of MNF.
I needed to calm myself.
And I did.
We didn't watch any of the game (the Titans had a HUGE lead).
But we did joke over the strange cars wrecks we have been in.
Man, if you are ever in a really awkward situation...tell a car accident story.
Those are super interesting and usually pretty funny (if no one was hurt, dead, that sort of stuff).

I then drove home, feeling normal again.
I pulled into my driveway, and what do I see?
a MASSIVE BUCK.
As in deer.
As in, I am completely and irrationally afraid of these creatures.
I drive in the middle of my backyard to see if my little car will frighten it away.
It didn't.
So I just sit there....stumped.
I then drive around my house and park on the main road.
I then sneakily creep to the back door.
Hoping he doesn't see me.
He does, and starts walking towards me.
I freak, thinking he is going to charge me.
So I start praying.
"please God, do NOT let this deer kill me"
I reach my backdoor.

I can't find my keys....
But luckily it was unlocked.
I rushed in, prepared to tell my roommate about my freaky experience.
But she was asleep on the couch.
So it's 10pm, and I am wide awake from my deer encounter.
I didn't get much sleep last night.

Man, that post actually makes my life sound semi interesting.
Trust me, it isn't.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year, Better Andrea

Valentine's Day....because, February

an uncomfortable clothing choice