the most humiliating moment in deadwood history

Prepare yourself.
This story is pretty bad.
For me.

We rolled into Deadwood at about 7:30ish on Wednesday night.
I had only been in the car for about 3 hours, but the guys had been in it for roughly 8, so we were all ready to get out and do something.
Saloon no. 10 seemed like the best place to go....at 8 on a Wednesday night.
And it was completely dead.
There were us, the bartenders, and handful of locals, and some Englishmen.
We somehow start talking to the Englishmen, and find out that there is a free Thanksgiving lunch buffet the next day.
Happy about this unexpected tip, we start feeling all chummy with the dudes.
Mind you, these guys are roughly 50ish.
One looked like Smee on the movie Hook, one looked like an ostrich, and the other one looked like your typical, happy, middle aged Englishman.

Naturally, Mike the ostrich, asks me to dance.

There is NO ONE on the dance floor.
And the band is playing 80s rock ballads.
But I still end up out there with Mike.

The dancing started out nice enough...
Then it got strange.
Very strange.
Mike somehow lifted me off the dance floor, twirled me around and air humped me all at the same time.
At that very moment, Kyle had walked by and witnessed all of it.
AND WALKED AWAY.
Didn't even help me!
This dancing continued for a bit longer, with Mike getting slightly bolder with each passing second...probably to the dismay of everyone in the general viewing area, until I ran away yelling "I have to pee!"

For the entire trip, Dana and Kyle kept reenacting the dance.
To my humiliation.
The only good that came from that whole experience was that we got a free Thanksgiving meal.
And some good jokes.

Comments

  1. What is it about weird dancing in Deadwood...? :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Year, Better Andrea

Valentine's Day....because, February

an uncomfortable clothing choice