the dog-sitter

I'm house-sitting this week.
And dog sitting.
It's actually really fun.

I get to pretend I own a dog again.
Only this dog is mildly depressed because she thinks her parents have abandoned her.
This makes for a mopey, sleepy dog that follows my every move.
Or this may be the way she always acts.
I'm not too sure.

It is slightly annoying that every time I come out of the bathroom I run into said dog.
Or that she basically sits on my lap when I finally decide to sit down.
Or that when I get up to get a drink, she follows me into the very narrow kitchen.

But I do like that when I take her for a walk, she doesn't go ape-shit when she sees a deer 2 feet away (I went ape-shit....it's embarrassing that the dog can compose herself around wild animals better than me).
I also like that she is ridiculously excited to show me her new cow toy that makes the weirdest moo-squeak sound I have ever heard.
It is also nice, that when I sit down, mind you this happens only about 20% of the time, she sits on my feet and makes them warm.

Ok, I'm now a weirdo for writing an entire post on my friend's dog.
(owners of dog: your dog is fine and alive...and hopefully not really depressed).

Comments

  1. 1) Reba is always mopey and sleepy.
    2) Reba likes to be in the way.
    3) Reba always comes into the kitchen when its the most inconvenient.
    4) Usually Reba wants to kill deer.

    and most importantly . . .

    5) Reba is super weird, but shes super awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised she didn't follow you into the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Year, Better Andrea

Valentine's Day....because, February

an uncomfortable clothing choice