mountain sledding...only if you're brave.

I've been pretty lame this winter.
I've been working a lot and haven't really been able to enjoy many winter activities.

Well yesterday, I changed that.

My friend Jon was going sledding with his bud and invited me to go along.
Sledding, I can sled. That's no problem. I love it!
But sledding down a hill in town is completely different than sledding down a hill in the mountain.
I didn't exactly realize there was much of a difference.

Anyway, so Sunday rolls around and it ends up being Juice, Jon and I that go sledding.
There was a mini snow storm the day before and the snow hadn't exactly stopped coming down yet.
And it was also around -3 that morning.
I wasn't exactly thrilled about going. But it was too late to bail on Jon.
So I sucked it up and we made our way up to the mountain.

The roads weren't ideal and Juice kept having mini freak-outs in the back seat (baby).

We get to the hill in Granite Pass and I sort of die a little inside.
This hill is like the size of the skiing hills in Michigan.
Imagine a sledding hill the size of 'the face' at Cannonsburg (to all my Rockford homies)
But without the ski lift.
And the snow is about 3ft deep.
But most of it was packed down....except every 5th step you took.
Then you would sink to your waist.

And I realize then that I decided to go sledding with two of the most fit people in all of Sheridan.
And I start cursing them....and the damn hill they are making me walk up.

The whole way up, I start plotting Jon and Juice's death. And also a way to somehow rig a pully system with the surrounding trees.
I eventually make it to the top of this hill and pass out. Sort of.
Jon and Juice start sledding immediately once I get to the top.
I want to murder them.
Didn't they realize that I just hiked my own personal Kilimanjaro and needed a break?!
Nope.

Because I am so awesome and cool (and I don't want to look like a wuss) I clamber onto my greased-up green sled and shoot down the hill.
I slide to the bottom in about 5 seconds. Covered in snow. Cursing God and all his creation.
Only for a minute.
Then I buck up, brush off the snow and shoot up the hill....in 10 minutes.

Each trip kept getting better and better.
Jon brought his buddy Pat's sled.
I don't know Pat very well, but judging from his choice in sleds, I want to be his best friend.
That sled was the most awesome thing ever. It even came equipped with a bike horn.
No lie.
So I shoot down the hill once on it. And I didn't die.
But I DID get an insane amount of confidence.

Jon should be in the X-games, or at least an amateur version of the X-games.
He was going nuts on that hill. Going face-first down it, going on jumps, doing back-flips.
Well he didn't do back-flips, but he could of if he wanted to.
I bet.
So I decide, 'HEY! If Jon can do all these jumps, then I totally can!!!'
And I did.
And it ROCKED.
Here is the video that was made of our sledding trip.
I actually doubt that link will work....so if your fb friends w me, just look at the video on my wall.

So now, I have this weird mountain sledding high.
I need mountain sledding.
I love mountain sledding.
I will never be the same.

Also, thanks to Jon and Juice, I had a crazy awesome weekend.

Comments

  1. You know, also like yourself, that I freakin hate missing out on Sheridan Fun. Therefore, I hate this post and the video and love the fact that you hated hiking the hill. However, I do love the fact that you said Juice was being a baby while driving up to the hill. I had a similar experience with Juice when I was driving...he needs to grow up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Year, Better Andrea

Valentine's Day....because, February

an uncomfortable clothing choice