band

So I was just joking about the dad post.
He will be writing something soon, just not today.
Sorry for the tease.

I work in a church.
They have donated an office for me to work out of.
It is in the back corner, it's like a dungeon, but I like it.
The church building is super old, so I can hear just about everything from my little office.
There is a lot of pipe creakage, sometimes it sounds like someone is dragging a huge metal bomb across a metal floor.
I have kind of tuned that one out, it freaks me out a little bit.

I hear choir practice.
Remember the hallelujah chorus post?
Well every Friday afternoon a man comes to one of the rooms in the basement and does music lessons.
It's usually for middle school kids and younger.
And it is adorable.
They do everything.
Some play the sax, some sing, some play the piano.
They all pretty much suck, but I still love Fridays because of them.
I get to eavesdrop on little kids squeaking out notes on a violin or trumpet.
They try so hard. It's adorable.

I played the clarinet in school.
I really wanted to play something cool, like the drums, or the trombone.
But I had to play the clarinet because my aunt had one.
I quickly realized I had minimal musical ability.
I could read music well enough, but I didn't have a musician's soul.
It didn't really matter to me.
And I joined the band because of a hot boy.
Bad reason.

I'm glad I did band though. I was last chair, so minimal responsibility.
I got an A in it.
I went to band camp and learned how to do the jazz run.
I know how to play the Star Wars theme song.
Overall I think it was a good investment.
I'm still pissed I wasn't able to play the trombone though.

Happy Friday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year, Better Andrea

Valentine's Day....because, February

an uncomfortable clothing choice